Increase your nutrient density by eating a salad a day and keep the doctor away. Salads are one of the most creative dishes you can make in the kitchen. There are no rules, hence you can't really mess it up! Assemble it with any fruits and veggies that you already have. Also, see try this easy walnut home-made dressing.
Here is my daily go-to salad:
- 2-3 cups of romaine, baby kale, spinach or arugula
- 1 cucumber
- 2-3 radishes
- 2-3 stalks of celery and carrots
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 jalapeño
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of favorite beans
Wash, cut and mix all ingredients above.
- 1 Bananas
- 1 Tablespoons raw, unsalted walnuts
- 1 Tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup fruit-flavored vinegar
Blend all ingredients in a food processor unit smooth and creamy.
Toss salad and dressing for a mouth watering salad that will give you great energy and keep you full for 3-4 hours.